RULES GOVERNING THE ANNUAL KNOCKOUT COMPETITION.
1. Each member club in the League shall be entitled to enter a team.
2. The competition will be known as THE EMERY/HUGHES/PRICE MEMORIAL TROPHY
A team shall consist of 6 players, having a WHS Index not higher than 18.0, those with a greater WHS Index may play, but off 18.0 WHS Index on the day.
Three Greensome matches.
Handicap allowance – to be 60% of low + 40% of high of players Course Handicaps. Full difference given.
4. In all KO matches (except finals played on a neutral course) away halves count as wins to the visitors and losses to the home team. In the finals each match shall be played to a finish. e.g. if all square after 18 holes, play will continue on a “sudden death” basis.
5. All matches shall be played off General Play Tees (Yellow) wherever possible.
6. The draw for each round shall be made by the Chairman and Secretary who will also decide the dates between which the matches shall be played. The home club shall be responsible for arranging the actual date with their opponents. Any match not played by the “to be played by” date will result in both teams being disqualified from the competition. The winning team to send in the result card fully completed. To be received WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS of the match being played. Failure to comply will result in the winning team being disqualified.
7. In the event of a club winning through to the KO final and having a league fixture on that day, they shall field teams simultaneously on the day.
8. Any dispute shall be referred to the Secretary and Chairman whose decision shall be final.
9. All KO matches to be played midweek.
10. The venue for the Finals’ Day shall be as the list below, and the venue shall not be changed even if this produces a home tie. Should it do so then Rule 4 will apply. Where the venue is a municipal club, a 1 hour space will be requested prior to the match commencing.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CONTACT YOUR OPPONENTS IN GOOD TIME TO ARRANGE THESE MATCHES.